- Completed and signed application form
- Passport picture meeting the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organisation)-criteria (color, 35x45mm)
- Passport (must provide at least two empty pages; the first issue date of your passport must not be more than 10 years ago and the passport must be valid for at least three months after the expiry of the applied visa).
- In some representations applicants must submit biometric data (ten fingerprints taken flat and digitally scanned)
- Copy of passport’s data sheet (containing the passport picture)
- Copies of previous Schengen visa, if any
- Travel itinerary/reservation (It is not required to submit a prepaid ticket!)
- Travels by car: driver’s licence, green insurance card, certificate of approval
- Travel, health and accident insurance (limit of liability at least 30.000 Euro and return journey) valid for the Schengen Area. Family members of citizens of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland who exercise their right of free movement of persons are exempted from this requirement.
- For students: confirmation of enrolment (Studienbestätigung)
- For retirees: proof of entitlement for retirement benefits (Pensionsbezugsberechtigung)
- Notarized letter of authority of parents of underage children, who travel unaccompanied by their parents.
In addition further documents are required:
1.) Tourist travel
Hotel or package holiday reservation. Proof of sufficient financial means
2.) Business travel
Invitation signed by the inviting company using company stationery in the original (or company fax/company mail to the embassy/consulate), which contains travel purpose, travel date, name, date of birth and passport number of the invitee. Proof of employment issued by the employer, if required Self-employed: commercial register report or the like If the applicant cannot provide evidence for having sufficient funds: eight-figure ID-number of the Electronic Guarantee Letter. Comment: The Electronic Guarantee Letter has to be signed by the host at the locally competent state police department.
3.) For travels with the purpose of (private) visit
Evidence of the applicant’s economic, domestic and social entrenchment in his home country Written invitation or If the applicant cannot provide evidence for having sufficient funds: eight-figure ID-number of the Electronic Guarantee letter. Comment: The Electronic Guarantee letter has to be signed by the host at the locally competent state police department.
Copy of the connecting-visa (if required), Copy of the air ticket, train ticket, etc.
- A decision on a visa application is only possible after the payment of the consular fee and the submission of all documents requested by the consulate. The fee for a visa application for a period of validity of up to 90 days is in general 60 Euro.