Location: Chinese Visa Application Service Facility,
7th floor, The Chancery, Milimani, Valley Road, Nairobi.
Office Hours: Monday – Friday (except public holidays)
Visa Application Submission for normal and express service: 08:00 till 15:00
Visa Application Submission for urgent service: 08:00 till 11:00
Collection for Express and Normal service: 08:00 till 15:30
Collection for Urgent service: 11:00 till 15:30
Helpline: +254 790 487 260
Helpline Timing: 08:00 till 15:00, Monday – Friday (except public holidays)
1. Basic Documents
Original passport with at least six months of remaining validity and with at least two blank visa pages, a photocopy of the passport’s data page and the photo page if it is separate.
(2) Visa Application Form and Photo
One completed Visa Application Form with a recently-taken colour passport photo (bare-head, full face) against a light background (size: 48mm x 33mm) attached。
Note：The Chinese Embassy does not accept application form completed in handwriting. Please visit our website to fill in the form online and print the completed form out or you can download the form to complete printable PDF.
(3) Proof of legal status (applicable for those not applying for the visa in their country of citizenship)
If you are not applying for the visa in the country of your citizenship, you must provide the original and photocopy of your valid certificates or visa of stay, residence, employment or student status, or other valid certificates of legal staying provided by the relevant authorities of the country where you are currently staying.
(4) Photocopy of previous Chinese passports or previous Chinese visas (applicable for those who were Chinese citizens and have obtained foreign citizenship)
If you are applying for a Chinese visa for the first time, you should provide the last Chinese passport and a photocopy of its data page.
If you have obtained Chinese visas before and apply for a Chinese visa with a renewed foreign passport that does not contain any Chinese visa, you should present the photocopy of the previous passport’s data page and the photo page if it is separate, as well as the previous Chinese visa page (If your name on the current passport differs from that on the previous one, you must provide an official document of name change).
Supporting Documents L-Visa
Documents showing the itinerary including air ticket booking record (round trip) and proof of a hotel reservation, etc. or an Invitation Letter for Tourist issued by a relevant unit or individual in China. The Invitation Letter should contain:
(1) Information of the applicant (incl. full name, gender, date of birth, passport number etc.);
(2) Details of the planned visit (incl. arrival and departure dates, place(s) to be visited, accommodation arrangements, etc.);
(3) Information of the inviting party (incl. name of organization or person concerned, contact telephone number, address, official stamp of the organization, signature of the legal representative or individual).
Single entry – Kes 8,060
Double entries – Kes 10,060
Multiple entries 6 Months – Kes 12,060
Multiple entries 12 Months – Kes 16,060