Argentina is located in the southern extreme of South America. With a continental extension of 2.791.810 Km2.(including Malvinas Islands, other South Atlantic Islands and part of Antarctica). Argentina is the second largest country in South America and the eighth in the world.
Including the Antarctic Sector, Argentina claims a total area of 3.761.274 Km2 It is some 1425 Km across at its widest from east to west and stretches 3.800 Km from the north to the south.
it is bounded by Bolivia and Paraguay on the north, Brazil, Uruguay and the Atlantic Ocean on the east, and by the Atlantic Ocean and Chile on the west and south.
The western part of Argentina is occupied by the Andes mountain range. The Aconcagua culminates at 6.959 m, the highest peak in the world apart from the Himalayas. The central part and the east of Argentina consists of a flat or gently undulating plain.
Climate and Regions
Argentina has exceptional landscapes:
- Northwest (1): Tropical climate, colourful mountains, gorges & valleys and the Puna High Plateau. The best way to travel through the North West is with The Train to the Cloud.Visit the Thermal baths in Río Hondo.
- North East: Gran Chaco (2) & Mesopotamia (3)
- Gran Chaco: Primarily forest of subtropical climate, swampy lands & ponds. Mesopotamia: Surrounded by the Paraná River and the Uruguay River. In the province of Misiones, rocky formations break up the course of the rivers giving birth to falls, rapids & cascades: The world famous Iguaçu Falls, are a World Natural Patrimony of the Humanity by UNESCO.
- Cuyo (4): Arid temperate climate and mountainous landscape with the Aconcagua range of mountains and the Atuel Canyon. Man, through artificial irrigation, has turned it into an ideal land for the viticulture and viniculture.
- Central Sierras (5): The central sierras of Córdoba and San Luis offer a quite dry temperate climate with a lot of rivers, streams and artificial lakes.
- Pampa Plains (6): The Pampa with its temperate climate is one of the most fertile lands of the country for agriculture and cattle breeding. Its plain landscape is just broken by Tandil and Ventania Sierras. The East is characterised by the vast populated beaches of the Atlantic coast.
- Andean & Atlantic Patagonia(7): The largest region with the coldest climate (especially in the southern part). The west consists mainly of a mountainous landscape with spectacular forests, lakes and glaciers. The centre offers sterile plateau and the east vast beaches with spectacular and unique colonies of marine
The southern extreme of Patagonia is the southernmost point of the world.
Day 01 Buenos Aires
Upon arrival, meet our representative. Transfer to the hotel. Rest of the day at leisure.
Day 02 Buenos Aires
Half day City Tour with lunch. Rest of the day at your leisure.
The Capital of Argentina, Buenos Aires is one of the most important Latin American cities.
Museums, exhibition centres, art galleries, cinemas and theatres with national and international shows of high
quality, reflect the important cultural life.
Not to miss: The Colon Theatre, one of the most important lyrical theatres in the world, is with its intense musical
activity including, of course, the famous and typical Tango.
San Carlos De Bariloche
Day 03 Buenos Aires – Bariloche
Transfer to airport, for your flight to San Carlos de Bariloche. On arrival, transfer to the hotel. Rest of the day
Day 04 Bariloche
Half day city tour: Visit the Civic Center, the Cathedral, the very colorful and surrounding areas of the Nahuel
Drive to The Cathedral Mountain, the international ski resort. Rest of the day at leisure
Puerto Montt– Puerto Varas
Day 05 Bariloche – Puerto Montt
Early in the morning, transfer to Bariloche pier : Catamaran transfer on The Andes Lakes, crossing to Puerto
Varas. Rest of the day at leisure
Day 06 Puerto Montt.
Day at leisure: Puerto Varas is located 13 miles north of Puerto Montt, the gateway to lake crossing from Argentine
into Chile. The scenic Lake district, 650 miles south of Santiago de Chile, offers snow-covered volcanoes,
blue-green lakes and alpine hills.
For outdoor sports enthusiasts, the region offers fishing, hiking, white-water rafting and kayaking.
The town of Puerto Varas, located on the southern shore of Lake Llanquihue, was once the most important lake
port in the 19th century.
The architecture is uniquely European and reflects its German colonization. Accommodation at your hotel.
Day 07 Puerto Montt – Ushaia
Transfer to airport for your flight to Ushuaia.
Upon arrival, transfer to the hotel. Rest of the day at leisure
Day 08 Ushaia
Ushuaia, the southernmost city of the world, is the capital of the province of Tierra del Fuego, Antártida and
South Atlantic Islands.
Situated on the border of the Beagle Canal and surrounded by the Mounts Martial, this city offers a unique
landscape in Argentina made up of mountains, sea, glaciers and woods.
Its capricious topography has generated an extremely picturesque city that combines colours and unevenness
with the silhouette of the Andes Mountain Range as background.
You will Visit Tierra del Fuego National Park, followed by an afternoon boat ride around Beagle Canal ..
Day 09 Ushaia – Calafate
Transfer to airport for your flight to El Calafate .
Upon arrival, transfer to the hotel. Rest of the day at leisure.
Day 10 Calafate
El Calafate was founded in 1927 and was named after the thorny shrub found all the whole South Andean
Leaning on the hillsides that surround it, El Calafate offers a microclimate turning the place into an oasis
after travelling across the arid landscape of the Patagonic plateaux.
The Calafate stream ,which divides the village in two, is a placid retreat with a rocky bed surrounded by willows
leaning over its banks.
Have a full day to the Perito Moreno Glacier, a World Heritage of UNESCO.
Day 11 Calafate – Buenos Aires
Transfer to the airport. Fly back to Buenos Aires.
On arrival, transfer to your hotel.
Day 12 Flight
Transfer to the airport for your international flight
Day 07 & 08 Iguaçu
Private transfer to the airport for your flight to Iguaçu where you will spend two nights.
During your stay you will visit Iguaçu Falls from the Brazilian and the Argentinean side.
The Amazon Forest
Day 09 & 10 The Amazonian
Private transfer to the airport for your flight to where you will spend two nights at The Amazon EcoPark Lodge.
The lodge is located in the heart of the Amazon Forest, 60kms from Manaus
It is an eco-tourism destination as well as a scientific and educational property.
Several streams of clear water run through the area. Over 6 miles of jungle trails including un-catalogued species,
natural savannahs and creeks enable clients to explore the jungle, observe orchids and giant trees.
Activities: Jungle treks, visit the Monkey Forest, alligator observation , night safaris, visit a local native’s house
and perhaps learn about rubber processing, canoe trips, piranha fishing, tour of the Meeting of the Waters,
learn about jungle survival and medicinal plants.