Location: Hungarian Embassy Kabarsiran Ave. (off James Gichuru), Lavington Nairobi
Tel: 254 738 905 187.
In Case of Real Emergency after Office Hours, the Embassy can be reached through the following mobile numbers:00+ 254 (0) 738 150 391 or 254 706-233-1767 (Not for Visa & Administrative Affairs)
Office Hours: The opening hours for visa applications are Tuesday and Thursday from 9 am to 12.30 pm.
- 1 passport-size color photo (not older than 6 months);
- A wholly and legibly completed, signed application form:
- The application form may be acquired free of charge at the consulates or downloaded from the website of the Hungarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (www.kulugyminiszterium.hu). Schengen application forms are uniform, therefore any application form used by any of the Schengen Member States can be used for applying at Hungarian consulates.
- a travel medical insurance (a travel insurance providing cover for at least 30.000 € for financing urgent health services and homeward transportation due to medical reasons, valid for the whole period of stay and for the territory of every Schengen State);
- a certificate proving lawful stay, if the applicant is not a citizen of the country where he hands in his application.
- Besides meeting the above general requirements, the applicant shall also supply a certificate of the financial coverage of his/her expenses, and a certificate of the purpose of the visit.
The secure electronic visa was applied at some diplomatic and consular missions abroad, and at the different entry ports since 1/8/2007, and the program is currently being generalized in all the Egyptian missions abroad.
- Application for an airport transit visa (A), transit visa (B) or short-term entry visa (C) 60 EUR
- Application for a long stay visa for the purpose of seasonal work 40 EUR