Mauritius, a melting pot where past and present are smoothly blended together, offers an essential beauty that will compel to return to its shores time and time again.
Superb weather, stunning resorts, hotels and villas: it is a dream comes true for brides and grooms!
This island is paradise – getting married in Mauritius is getting married in the perfect romantic wedding destination. With thickly wooded mountain peaks towering above a stunning coastline Mauritius has an air of sophistication and a unique blend of French, Indian, Chinese and Creole cultures.
Documents required for your wedding in Mauritius
Documents must be sent to our office at least 7 weeks before you are due to travel
We require 3 photocopies of the following documents as soon after booking as possible:
- Passports copies
- Both Birth Certificates
- Full names, addresses and occupations
- Decree Absolute (if divorced)
- Deed Poll (proof is required if you have changed your name)
- Death Certificate, if widowed, & Previous Marriage Certificate (in the case of a widow or widower)
Please note the originals of these documents must be taken to Mauritius with you.
If any original document is missing it will not be possible for your ceremony to take place.
It should be noted that divorced women intending to marry in Mauritius within 10 months of the divorce pronouncement, would need a local doctor’s certificate of non-pregnancy.
Our Wedding package will automatically include:
- Attorney’s fees to draw up affidavits
- Court’s fees for the swearing of affidavits
- Cost of the publication of the bans
- Local driver-guide to accompany the couple from the hotel to Port-Louis, Civil Status Office and back
- Assistance of our representative while fulfilling all formalities
- Civil Status Officer’s fees to officiate the wedding
- Handling fees to cover cost of faxes, telephone calls and other administration costs
- Postal of the Wedding Certificate by registered mail (Optional: by Courier with a supplement)
- You will have to stay a minimum of 7 days in the Hotel or Villa of your choice.
- Subject to availability it could however be possible for your wedding to be conducted after 3 working days. We can arrange your wedding at the Registry Office or at the villa you would be staying. It is your choice…
Your personal wedding coordinator would like to recommend the following – All within your budget –
- Wedding photographs professionally taken and processed
- Flower arrangements
- Button holes
- Special candlelit-dinner
- Evening sunset cruise
- Champagne, sparkling wine, wine..
Honeymoon in Mauritius
You may prefer to have your wedding at home then fly to Mauritius for your honeymoon island paradise.
What to expect: stunning sparkling sandy beaches, national reserves, museums, luxury and beach hotels, tropical mountains, waterfalls, turquoise water of the Indian Ocean and other impressive range of activities where you can immerse yourself fully like Quad biking, cruising, whale watching, mountain hiking, trekking, archery, shopping and excursions.
Selected properties with special romantic offers both for your Wedding or Honeymoon
Le Prince Maurice, Le Telfair, Belle Mare Plage, Le Paradis, One & Only Le Touessrok, One & Only Le Saint Géran and more affordable but not less romantic: Maritim, Shandrani. Sugar Beach Resort or Trou Aux Biches.
prices and details on request
Sample of Honeymoon Offer
- Discounts on Meals at the selected resort
- Discount on Spa Menus
- Romantic Dinner
- Champagne on Arrival
- Sundowner Cruise